EUROPCR 2011 BREAKING NEWS
The Nile confirmed to be the unique device for a provisional approach to treat the challenging and complex bifurcation lesion including left main!
Watch the Symposium - "Treating Bifurcation: The Nile Concept for a Safe and Efficient Approach". Presenters included A. Medina (Spain), P. Motreff (France), P. Brunel (France), B. Garcia Del Blanco (Spain) and Ivo Petrov (Bulgaria). The session was chaired by Jean Fajadet (France) and Alexandre Abizaid (Brazil).
..........................Link to the Symposium..............................Link to Alexandre Abizaid’s interview
MINVASYS is a European based, privately held company, established in May 2003. The major player in innovative, regulatory approved devices for the treatment of bifurcation lesions, MINVASYS has developed the DES PAX technology - a polymer free eluting Paclitaxel – to respond to market needs. Doctor Alexandre Abizaid, Dante Pazanese, San Paulo, Brazil, as principal investigator coordinated two clinicals enrolling 130 patients.
- MINVASYS focuses on bifurcation treatment with dedicated devices. Nile Croco® for coronary bifurcations and Twin-One® for carotid bifurcations.
- MINVASYS received Conformity Europeenne (CE) Mark approval for its Nile Pax® Polymer Free Drug Eluting Stent (DES) system, the first DES dedicated to coronary bifurcation treatment. This CE Mark approval has been granted by the LNE (French Notified Body) and AFSSAPS (French Health Authority) according the new European Union directive 2007/47/EC. This technology combines the latest innovations in stent and molecule designing. A microdrop sprayed crystallization process allows a pure paclitaxel elution directly applied onto the abluminal side of the stent.
- Nile Pax® Polymer Free Drug Eluting Stent (DES) system, the first DES dedicated to coronary bifurcation treatment has been US patent granted in December 2009.
- MINVASYS finished animal trials on Drug Eluting Balloon Danubio® with our SpeedPax- Polymer Free Paclitaxel Abluminal Technology. FIM study will be initiated in the fall 2010.
- Nile Pax® & Amazonia Pax® registries will include first patients beginning of July 2010.
Innovations & Current Products
- Pax Technology®, Polymer Free Paclitaxel Elution applied on our utmost Croco® stent generation. It's a proprietary microdrop spray process applying a thin homogeneous layer of pure paclitaxel (5µ) on abluminal side of the stent.
- SpeedPax technology, Polymer Free Paclitaxel Elution applied on our Danubio® Drug Eluting Balloon. It's a proprietary crystallisation process applying a Paclitaxel forming agent enhancing Paclitaxel penetration into arterial wall. Danubio® sb, Minvasys Drug Eluting Balloon specifically designed to become an obvious combination for the treatment a the side branch with the Nile Pax®
- StemiCath®, Minvasys first thrombo-aspiration system dedicated to removal and aspiration of embolic material (thrombus) in acute ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction.
- Nile Pax®, breakthrough in coronary bifurcation treatment. Commercially available in 18 and 24 mm length.
- Amazonia Pax®, better than polymer is no polymer at all from safety point of view. Minvasys launch the first DES of third generation; polymer free drug eluting stent on chromium cobalt alloy platform.
- Yangtze µ & µ CTO®, redesigned from hub to tip. Covering a wide range of application from CTO to highly challenging and calcified lesions.
- Nile Croco®. When treating coronary bifurcation becomes as simple as conventional stenting procedures. New stent size (24mm) and news balloon combinations have been recently added, offering more therapeutical options to treat bifurcation.
- Amazonia Croco®. An extensive range combining new stent sizes (from 28 to 40mm) and new diameters (4.00 and 5.00) have been recently added, making Amazonia Croco® range one the most complete currently available to treat your patients with a single stent. Its specific design ensures an efficient scaffolding maintaining an easy side branch access.
- SuperKetch® inflation kit. First and the original vascular access system designed for a single-hand use has been completed with a high pressure friendly-used inflation device.